Two simple fresh garnishs for all sorts of Mexican dishes.
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 or 3 chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 diced red or white onion
- 1 or 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- a few splashes of tabasco or a chopped red chili pepper to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least an hour.
Same as above, but stir in two mashed avocados and the juice of half a lime (prevents avocados from going brown – for a while, at least).